Pages

{Hello blessing!}

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Our crib has been broken for months now.
We didn't have money to replace it
(FYI: med school students don't make much money. haha)
& were beginning to worry how we ever would.
Low & behold
Pottery Barn came to our rescue (again! They are fantastic!)
(although I have to say I believe this was a blessing far beyond pottery barn's control. Deffinitly a prayer answered!!)
We sent them our broken but still beautiful spindle crib.
(I was sad to see it go. sentimental reasons.)
& 4 days later we received a brand spankin' new one from them.
They discontinued my lovely spindle one.
--tear--
but Ill take what I can get!
ITS FREE!
no complaints here.
While Rod put it together
we reminisced the time we put together our first crib for our first son.
now we had 3 little helpers happy to assist!
funny where life takes you.









One step closer to being ready for baby boy #4's arrival in 3 months!

(not to say we need to do much. with 3 boys already we pretty much have it all covered!gotta love that!)



8 comments:

marie said...

The crib looks great! Britt is looking a little ill and Rod needs to EAT some food.. He is looking very thin..

Miss you all very much.. Give hugs and kisses all around for us.
Love, Mom

Jenni said...

haha. I think your comment about Rod will make him happy. we have been pigging out since we got back. haha. yeah, britt & Mads are sick sick sick. but we hope by friday theyw ill be better!

Lorraine said...

Oh how exciting to get a new crib for free at that!! I know it's a great feeling knowing that your new baby has a place to sleep. I know I was relieved when Maddison got her crib.

Kim-the-girl said...

What a tremendous blessing! It does look great! Our crib has been through 5 kids already (we got it hand-me-down from E's sister)~ how fun to have a new one!

Ava said...

My boys crib only made it through the 2 of them bouncing around on it before it broke! Lol! That's boys for you! :) Glad you were able to get a new one for free! :) ps. I love the Alice in Wonderland door in the background! Reminds me of my parents Cape Cod style house I grew up in. :)

Heather said...

Gosh Jen...is it really only 3 months until #4? How exciting!!! I just may have to make a trip back to Harrogate to meet the little guy once you are home and settled in.

How wonderful Pottery Barn helped out with the crib.

I am giggling at your mom's comment about how Rod needs to eat and the boys look sick...haha-- sounds like my mother. Gotta love 'em! :)

My parents are here until Saturday at which time I will catch up with my blogging.

Kalen said...

I love Tre's face in the "This is where we realized we did it wrong" picture. Rod is finding the humor and Tre seems not at all amused! Very cute! Way to go on the replacement crib. You definitely get your money's worth at Pottery Barn. Hope you were able to find something nice for the boys there for Christmas. :-) I wish I had the patience to send things back when they break instead of just throwing them away!

Tara said...

that post kind of made me sad too. you think about all the times a crib has been slept in, giggled in, pooped on, jumped in, crawled out of and the list goes on and on. however a crib that is broken, no matter the memories, won't do much for a darling new baby so hooray for pottery barn!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground