Pages

{weekend rundown}

Sunday, April 13, 2014

This weekend kicked me bad.  I am sitting down finally. But Being busy is not always bad, just means we are getting things done...and there is nothing wrong with that. We had a ward picnic. The kids buried their shoes & I had the pleasure of finding them. They ate hot dogs and watermelon. The bishop & his wife taught me how to grill. Go ahead laugh. We left good and FILTHY and short one pair of Presley sandals. When we arrived home it was 5 in the showers or tubs to shake off the remnants of a fun picnic. It has been reported that Britt still has some sand in his ear. Cute boy. After a good scrub down the babies went down for naps & the boys headed out to play with the neighborhood friends & eat cake for M's big birthday! It was a fun day for the children. Once they all hit the hay Rod and I read & reread our talks for Sunday. We had the privilege of sharing our thoughts & testimony of our beloved Prophet. I am not a great public speaker. My legs wobble, but for the first time I was not sick to my stomach over it. We have known the members of this ward for 3 years now. I felt comfortable with their faces looking up at me. But more than that...I had 3 little boys, one of which sat with his super sweet Primary Teacher looking up at me wide eyed and proud. I told a story about Maddox & he was beaming. His smile was so big that his nose was all scrunched up. I had to laugh while sharing my story. Those sweet faces of Tre, Britt & Maddsy were all I could see. How could I be nervous? Rod's talk was fantastic & he always throws in such flattering comments about me. He is so kind to me. He calls me his sweetheart in all his talks. This weekend also marked the start of a new calling for me. I miss my little girls in activity days, but I am already enjoying my new responsibilities. I love that the church requires much of us. It challenges us to grow & be better disciples of Jesus Christ. I hope our children see our eagerness & willingness to serve whenever & wherever we are asked to. & now I am gearing up for a short week of school for the biggers. Very exciting! I see easter egg hunts in our future.
As a side note it is almost 9pm & Presley is demanding with her signs for me to 1. paint her nails pink. 2. braid her hair like Ana from frozen. 3. get her dress ups from her bathroom closet. 4. put a tiara on her head & mine.  all while she is in her bed, where she should be dreaming. She is definitely the princess extraordinaire. 










1 comment:

Kim-the-girl said...

Whew! Life can be exhausting! Sounds like a good, albeit full weekend. I hope your new church calling brings lots of fun as well as growth!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground