Pages

{Balloons for Bailey}

Saturday, January 14, 2012

We spent the majority of the day outside. Rod was working & actually, still is. He left at 5am & it is now 9:30pm. poor guy. The children jumped on the tramp & played soccer. They dug up the plants in my flower pots too. But they are boys & thats what they do. Presley had her first taste of dirt, & was not at all impressed. In fact she had a rather big melt down over it. Today was a special day too. a bit over 2 weeks ago a girlfriend from high school lost her precious daughter. I prayed my heart out for their little family. The idea of loosing my own daughter makes me shake a bit. Brittany laid heavy on my heart & so I prayed & prayed. I finally felt I needed to give something other than "I love you" & "I am praying for you." I wanted to give Ben & Brittany & big brother Brennan something they could do
every year to celebrate the life of their pretty baby girl, Bailey Delaney.

so I came up with THIS .

It is not much, but It was all I could give. What do you give someone who now has to live their life with half their heart in another life? This is something that brought people together though miles decided us. The children & I dumped the crayons on the table & colored & wrote for Baby Bailey. We tied notes to balloons & set them free. We knelt in the back yard & prayed for the Bradley family. My heart aches for Brittany. Pictures & videos are pouring in from all over of families sending balloons to the sky. Its touching. The thought makes me snuggle my chicks a bit tighter in our nest. heres some pictures of my chicks today... including our balloons to Beautiful Bailey...


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

allegra said...

OH man I don't even know this sweet girl and it made me tear up when I went to the balloons for Bailey blog. Jenny you're such a sweet girl and what a perfect way to remember her by! I am sure your friend found some comfort and felt great love by all those who participated. What a hard thing to go through! I can't even imagine!!

The Piersons said...

Oh Jen, this post totally made me cry! You are such an amazing woman and dear friend. You are so incredible. Also on a different note that first picture of the boys Mr. Tre looks so much like Rod! Holy Cow! Love ya!

Melany said...

You are a sweet gal! Such a nice gesture and I'm sure Bailys parents apprecaite every bit xo

Zoe Saint-Paul said...

Jenni, you are such a creative and caring person. This project is just so lovely! How blessed your friends are to have you. I'll be keeping the Bradleys in my prayers, too.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground