Pages

{Christmas Eve = Rod's Birthday}

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas has come & gone & Im left with 2,345 pictures to view.
Some mine, some Tre's. Some My Dads.
Its a hefty task for certain. But no complaints here.
I cant get enough of these faces.

Christmas eve...
always busy as its Rods birthday also.

We were happy to be up because Uncle Brad & Aunt Kalen had arrived early that morning.
They even were good sports when the boys decided to be extra loud in the morning.


Photobucket
Photobucket
We made massive gingerbread boys to give the hyper cuties some busy work...& the family a break from the superhero/jedi maddness. They bit right in to them. They were extra sweet. Just what christmas anxious boys need---sugar.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Rod HATES his birthdays.
The guy is anti-attention!
I happen to LOVE his birthday because..well...I love him!
He did not get away without a party.
A fiesta of sorts in honor of the birthday boy!
We had one of his favorite meals & I think we all over ate.
The festivities were topped off with chococolate cake with Oreo frosting.
(The man loves some oreos!)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Rod is the kind of guy you fall for instantly.
He has a happy disposition taht is contagious. I love watching the way people respond to him. They warm up right away. He has a silly sense of humor & subscribes to the idea that you whould always leave people happier then when you met them.
As a daddy he is cool & collected (except maybe during church when the kids are going BANANAS!) He has an eternal perspective that helps him decide what can be laughed off & what needs a consequence. I am often surprised by the husband he has become. He is better to me each day. He encourages my intrests & is my cheering section. He is patient & endures my emotional high maintance days with a smile.
I love him...even if he was a spoil sport on his birthday & hid in the bedroom wrapping presents to avoid the birthday wishes & extra love.

*********

After Rod's Fiesta we all trucked out to the Phoenix Zoo for lights.
We met up with our Cousin Owen. Always fun to have around!
The children loved it & even got light swords again this year.
Oh & let us not forget---the GIRAFFE even sang to Rod again this year!!
How many men can say a giraffe sings to them on their birthday each year?!
Another BIG deal this year was that we got another birthday rap from the Sowby family.
We loved it! This may be the last one we get--I dont know how they could ever top it!
& && another musical family, the Jones' sent us a hilium sucked version of happy birthday!
We feel so spoiled by our friends &...the giraffe too.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket After the zoo we returned to Omah & Opha's house to find Santa had delivered new jammies.
So we changed & Opha gathered the boys & Presley around & read a story before bed.
It was a special moment for all of us. I love these pictures of my Dad & my Babies!
Particuraly our littlest as it was her first christmas.Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The children went to bed tuckered out with bellies full of sweets.

3 comments:

Hill Family said...

all so cute!!! Hey, where are your birthday photos??? Happy birthday Jen!

Ava said...

Looks like you're having a fun vacation at your parents! And look at you throwing a party out-of-state! I don't know how you manage it! I wasshopping for some party stuff tonight, for the boys robot party coming up in January, and my copycat Chocolat party. :) Made me think of you... Is there such a thing as cyber best friends? Because I think we should invent it if there isn't! :)

Ava said...

Ps. I have 4 new posts, to make up for my slacker ways! ;) You'll have to stop by. :)

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground