Pages

{a blessing}

Monday, July 26, 2010

Today we took Presley's gown off the hanger.
she was enchanting in white pintucks.
Her daddy gave her a beautiful blessing.
she was surrounded by worthy priesthood holders.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Couldnt you just stare at her forever?!!
Photobucket
Photobucket I love Britts picture smile-totally goofy!! & Mads big blue eyes & big ears are too much to take. Too cute!
Photobucket
Having a daughter makes me want to be the woman that I want her to be.
I want to be the mother I want her to be...
the friend, daughter, wife...
She makes me want to be a better me.
I love her for that gift.
&
I love my husband for being an example to our sons.
I plea in every prayer that our boys might always strive to live worthy of the priesthood.
(what is the priesthood? Read here. I have a testimony of this.)
It is such a comfort in my life to know
that at anytime my husband can give any
of our children & even myself a blessing of comfort, or healing
& that by faith we can recive those things we need.
T was especially intreted in the blessing of our sweet daughter.
I pray that he will recieve the priesthood
& one day bless his own babies.
(what is a blessing? read this. Its a beautiful thing.)
I was especially touched that
bishop thompson, jeremy whiting & austin finklea were
willing to particpate in the blessing of Presley.
They also particpated in Britton & Maddox's blessings.
I feel very grateful to our friends.
*****
After church our friends poured through the door.
about 40 people filled our home.
We ate, visited & even some babies napped.
Presley was passed around while she snoozed.
We love having a house full!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Rod bought Presley flowers for her special day.
He is head over heels for his baby girl!
(we all are!)

Photobucket
Audrey thought it would be a hoot to take a picture of all the kids....
& the funny part is that not all the babies made it into the picture!
All these little ones are so sweet!

Photobucket
& when everyone trickled out
our disobiedient friends the sowby fam cleaned up my house!
stinkers! I told them not too!
We had a beautiful day!
well...untill Rod had to pack up bedding, pillows,
towels, jammies & scrubs.
We are officially off vacation time.
this month its Virginia for Rod.
Then 3 months in Texas.
blah!
After 2 months of having him at home at night
Its going to be a transition.
bright side is...
he will be home off and on this month & then in less then a year
residency starts & we will be living together a heck of a lot more!
I know the boys will be thrilled.
there were lots of tears after Daddy drove away.
******
I am many posts behind...Im gonna be playing catch up this week!
We have been having too much fun!!

7 comments:

Hill Family said...

Beautiful family picture! I'll be thinking of you!

Kim-the-girl said...

It looks like it was a beautiful day! Sorry Rod had to drive away... where in Texas will he be next month? We may have to plan a trip to pay him a visit...

Tamsyn said...

I love that Kailyn looks drunk in the kid picture. Ha hA

Sara said...

Such a beautiful baby girl! I can't wait to hold her! We are crossing our fingers that you'll be here really soon!

Ava said...

First, please Please! tell me how in the world you get your boys to ALL be smiling and looking at the camera! Are you bribing them with candy behind the scenes? ;)
Second, I am always impressed with your spread for your parties! I don't know how you get that much food prepared AND get it on the table looking so elegant! I need some pointers!
And last but NOT least, you have the MOST adorable little girl! The headband is so beautiful and I love it with the gown! Stunning! You're so talented! :)

Jenni said...

Tamsyn, well then maybe you shouldnt let your daughter drink tamsyn! geesh! just kidding! I do love some kailyn!

kim, I know Rod would LOVe to visit with you guys if hes near enough!

Ava, all smiles? thats a fluke! haha. never happens when I ask. haha.


sara, we hope so. Im dying to snuggle weston! although if he is anything like mads...he wont want to snuggle me back! :)

marie said...

Presley is so precious in her white blessing dress. She truly is a blessing from God and was prayed for from the start. We are so filled with love.
It looks like it was a joyous occasion!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground