Pages

{The Boat to Mexico}

Friday, January 08, 2010

Me-oh-My.
I don't even know where to begin.
Rod & I traded in the boys for our passports for a week
& took a cruise down the Mexican Rivera.
I know they say less is more...
but, narrowing down these memories just wasn't in the cards.
I'm pretty sure there are more then 20.
I refuse to count.



















We went on an ocean kayak tour.
We were laughing at each other the entire time!
the ocean floor was filled with brightly colored fishys.
We were definitely the goof-offs of the group.
We worked pretty darn good as a team.














The formal nights on the ship were lots of fun.
All decked out & lots of activities on board.
We fell in love with this chocolate cake they offered every night.
The ship had 24 hours of food food food.
which equals trouble, trouble trouble!
Hello 10 more pounds!



There were so many things to do & see at
each port.
It was hard to decide how to fill the day.
We loved all the new sights & sounds.
But Id say my favorite part was just goofing off with my hubby.
He is just too fun to be with!


I even got the poor guy on a horse for a beach ride.
We walked like cowboys for the rest of the day.



Rod's highlight was the food!
oh the yummy food.
great little taco stands were everywhere.
I ate shark. pretty darn delicious!
Rod stoke to the chicken & beef variety.


The flea markets were both hilarious & scary!
Lots of vendors in your way trying to get you in their shop.
I wont get into what was yelled at us to get our attention
This blog is PG. haha.
We are still laughing about the silly things that were heard.

Being the nerds that we are...
when we had down time while at sea we plated games.
we took turns kicking each others tails at scrabble.
we caught some shows & chowed down on the all day buffets.
walked around the decks & caught some sun & fresh air.
we loved relaxing with each other.
my lazy prego self took naps when we were recovering from our busy days.

we laughed the entire time.
I am a lucky gal to have a husband who still makes me laugh uncontrolably.

The whole cruise was a blast.
It let us have some 1 on 1 before Rod makes his way out to San Fransisco
for a rotation on Sunday.
(an audition rotation at that--so fingers crossed!)
I dont know how I lived without him for 6 months...
or how Im going to do the next 6 months without that silly guy of mine.
(although Feb. he is working at the clinic right behind our house!!!! So dang excited!)

We were anxious to see the boys today.
They were in our arms the rest of the night.
We love those little faces.

12 comments:

allegra said...

what a blast!! you guys deserve it. what perfect timing, too, before the new baby arrives. i loved every single picture and it's making me wish for some warm SUNNY weather!:) so glad you guys had fun.

Taralyn said...

A lot bit jealous! Looks awesome!!!

Hill Fam said...

Jenni I'm confused are you guys still in Arizona???

What a fun trip!

Kalen said...

Love the pictures of you laughing (especially the black and white one). :-) Looks like you guys had fun, but please, next time extend the invite so we can join you. ;-)

I'm sure the boys were so happy to see you!!! :-) Welcome back!

Kim-the-girl said...

AMAZING!!!! All of it! The opportunity, the pictures, the fun, the food... We Texans are green with envy!

Jenni said...

Marta, Yeah we are still in good ole' Arizona enjoying the warmer weather. we took a vote & decided to stay out during rod's CA rotation so he can see us mid rotation. We will go back as a family February 11th. Im getting T's school work sent here. we are pleased as peaches to be around family & friends out here. missing you!

Tara said...

Isn't it beautiful! Derek and I lived in Cozumel when we were first married and adventured all over the Riviera. I'm so glad you guys got to experience that. I love the lady's ample bottom in the artwork next to you guys on your cruise prom night. You're so brave to leave the kiddies, but it's a perfect time for a romantic getaway before the next little guy comes. How fun!

Tamsyn said...

Shut UP!!! That is so awesome!! When Rod came by yesterday he said something about a boat ride and that is when Iknew it had been too long since looking at the blogs!! How fun!

DW said...

Looks like so much fun - especially the kayaking. Your pictures are great!

Unknown said...

when are you going professional those shots are amazing. Jenni you are extremely talented!

Jenni said...

Your sweet Holly! Im learning more everyday. Id love to try katie again. I wasn't thrilled with the turn out! Lets do it again in the spring. Ill use my new photo shop skills. haha

Audrey Shawver said...

Ok, so I just re-looked at these from your recent post on your blog...I am SOOO envious of your talent with photography/photo shop....Seriously, if you sent some of those in they would most. def. make it on a post cards for Mexico! Maybe I can bribe you to take some pictures at Madalyn's birthday party if you are going to be there! :) And...maybe you would love to teach me just a little bit about photoshop..I know you said you'd help me a while back with my sis-in-laws wedding and I never got my act together... :) Ok, I'll stop writing a novel on your blog now. :) haha

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground