Pages

{Britty Proofing}

Tuesday, September 22, 2009


To the untrained eye this little boys room
looks child friendly.
Right?


Wrong.


wrong.


Wrong.


So very very wrong.

Look again....

Exhibit A)
Window Shades.
OHHHH this one really gets my goat!
Easily taken down by 2 year olds
(& as it turns out with help of very sneaky big brothers!)
I have had to replace, rehang & re-freak out
because of these darn window coverings.
Im a hair away from just painting the boys windows.
(no, not really)
Exhibit B)
Wall hangings.
Glass.
Need I say more?
Dangerous in deed.
Britt could tell you all about it.
Exhibit C)
Sweet little PB anywhere Chair.
soft, colorful, comfortable...harmless.
NO!
it is used as a climbing mechanism.
its uses are endless & plenty!
climb into closet shelves, over bedroom gates, onto dressers...
you name it.
its rather useful to our 2 year old escape artist.

& there are so many other shortcomings to their room.
Clothes...I dont even fold them anymore.
They just end up on the floor in a pile to be jumped into.

Books in their cubbies?
I organize them everyday...100 times a day.

Something needs to be done.
Im on a mission!
To make that room more Britty proof!




T never did these crazy shenanigans!
But I wouldn't want Britt any other way.
He is perfect.

4 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

That room looks like its right off a catalog page... you are amazing! I have never gotten into decorating the kids' rooms due to the naughtiness... I'm getting close though.

Heather said...

Oh boys are too funny! I can't keep my house clean either and I just have 1! haha!

Jenni said...

Kim, I totally understand why one would not even decorate a kids room! What is the point?? HAHA. IT JUST GETS TRASHED IN THE WEE HOURS OF THE NIGHT! MAKES ME CRAZY!!! how do you do 4????? You are a saint & my hero!!

heather, your house in ALWAYS so cute & clean...well your house out here was...& Im sure not much has changed in that department! your susie homemaker! an insperation to me for sure!

Hill Family said...

Britt is one CRAZY kid. I wish our kids could spend time together. They have a LOT in common. Like the couch. You would think it is for sitting, watching tv, etc. No, not at our house. It is a trampoline and the armrests catapults for brothers! I think having boys must give us gray hairs faster! I haven't found any yet. But I expect they will appear any time now!
Glad that you are able to keep such a sense of humor about everything. That is what makes you a great mom, not taking things too seriously and being able to laugh when rooms come crashing down.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground