Pages

Where will the Sclaters be for the next 2 years?

Friday, December 12, 2008


Had you asked us this time last year we would have been singing a completely different tune. We were certain we wanted out of here. We missed restaurants & shops & places to go. We thought "when rotations come we will do anything to go to Knoxville or Chattanooga! anything!" But after a summer away from our house, our ward family, our friends, our neighborhood, parks & quiet we realized something. We are happy here. Not for forever, but for now. We are happy here. I think I was the first of the sclaters to feel this, or maybe Rod did too & we just didn't say anything to each other because we thought the other would assume we had gone crazy! I remember laying in bed one night and turning to Rod & saying that I thought we should stay here for rotations. I thought Tre could stay at the same school, we could stay in the same ward, we could ease some stress by keeping the familiar for the boys and us. Rod agreed. Then it turned out that some friends felt the same way. Our bishop/Dr. Thompson even suggested we stay here to have a support while the husbands are busy...and so the rest is history. Rod put lee county as his first picks with great schedules...and that's exactly what he got! So come June Rod starts Rotations (hands on learning!)He has his core rotations first...which is exactly what we wanted! Rotations will require him to be gone often, so he will be getting a dormitory near the hospital for nights when he cant come home (NOT looking forward to that. I cant live without my night time snuggles. boo hoo!!). (lee county is still a bit of a drive, but closest to here.) We are very pleased & have a great deal of peace! It will be nice to let our boys (especially Tre) maintain some familiarity, There will plenty of moves in our future, so we are happy to be staying put. So we are staying!!What great news!

2 comments:

Kalen said...

That's great news! I have to admit there is nothing fun about nights without the hubby, but I will be honest, you get used to it... well, maybe not used to it, but it gets easier and it makes the having them home much more comfy and relaxing. You'll do fine! I have faith! Congrats to Rod and the family on the great news!

xoxo See you guys in a week!

Amber P. said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! We're coming to LMU and I'm so happy you'll still be there! I can hardly wait! But I guess that means buying your house is out of the question. {laugh}

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground