Pages

Christmas Break!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008





Today a much anticipated brown package arrived! My baby sling! With Maddox being such a tiny little peanut the bjorn just wasn't working. I had wanted a sling even before his arrival. I thought it would help me love on him, while still keeping up with my big boys & get house work done. I was RIGHT! The sling is all I needed it to be & more! I know...its just fabric, but those pieces of sewed together fabric will make these early months with 3 far more productive & blissful!

in other happenings...
My Tre is Mr. popularity at school. I hear all the time from parents that their son or daughter just loves Tre & talks about him all the time. I know my son is funny & sweet & giving, but it makes me think...whats going on at school? haha. He even received Christmas gifts that were just for him, and not for the class as a whole. It took me off guard. The kids respond so cute when Tre comes & goes from class. They all yell, Hi Tre! Good morning Tre! Bye Tre! Rod & I laugh about it, because he has seen it too. Lets just say we are excited for parent teacher conferences. haha. We are anxious to know what Tre is up to. We are not surprised that he has won over the hearts of all the kids in his pk class.
Today was Tre's class Christmas party! We were so excited for this day. We love knowing Tre is going to have an extra special school day now & again. They had pizza & treats & Santa visited & gave Tre a tool box & tools. His teachers gave him 2 ornaments & a bag of yummies. He came home with a grocery bag full of surprises. His classroom had a Christmas tree decorated with matchbox cars & hair bows. It was darling. They had been singing Christmas songs & talking about the story of baby jesus & making cute christmas crafts all month. The best part of today's party was...it was the start of CHRISTMAS BREAK! yay! We get our Tre all day for 3 weeks! We are thrilled!
Britton is cracking me up each day. He tries so hard to be funny & often it ends in his hitting his head. Today he was walking around laughing with his head cocked to the side with his eyes shut tight..next thing you know his little noggin is bouncing off the high chair tray & then knocking him to the tile floor...head first! & that was just the start of it! The boy is constantly hitting his sweet little head on something. Heaven knows how we will make it to 2.
Maddox is changing & growing. He wakes every 2 1/2 hours to feed then wants cuddles for about 40 minuets. So Mommy isn't getting too much sleep, but I don't mind so much. Its quiet time with just the two of us. I feel like its at night that Madd & I really get to know each other. He eats great & the boys cant kiss his tiny face enough. Its no surprise that he has graham cracker crumbs in his hair from britton smooches. Tre is so trustworthy & helpful with the baby. We are all really enjoying him.
Rod has finished another semester...and not a moment too soon. My poor guy had strep throat & a headache like none other that knocked him into a sleepless fever the weekend before & days of finals. He is now on meds and recovering from botrh finals & illness. Needless to say hes exhausted & catching cat naps when he can.

I am so grateful for all his sacrifice & hard work. This month has been busy for him & he has been nothing but optimistic. We really love him & we are excited to have him all to ourselves for 20 days (although he will be studying for boards.)
Me..well, We have been working hard on a new car & we are pretty sure we found it..its in Hickory NC waiting for us! We will get it on our way to Charlotte before we continue on to Orlando. Im getting the my guys packed & ready for FLORIDA! Looks like it will be 80 degrees on Sunday...are we excited?! YES! I also have been baking for Tre's faculty at school & some staff & a family Tre goes to school with. Im really enjoying the holidays & my family.
The sclaters are happy & well...well almost Rods still kicking the strep. My bets are he will be back to himself in the morning!

2 comments:

Mauri said...

I'm glad you've found something to help you through your days...3 is definitly more work than 2! I had a baby wrap that Wesley stayed in for the first little while too, until he got too big...which happened fast for him!
sounds like you guys are going to have a FUN christmas! miss you!

Mauri said...

ps rod... I hope you feel better soon!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground