Pages

{foundation}

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

After driving my mother to the airport to catch her flight back to Arizona, I put Madds & Presley down for naps, took off my heels & walked into the room where she slept for the past 4 nights. I always do this, almost looking for her to still be there. Instead was some money for Tre's strait As & a made bed. No mom. Im a weepy girl, always have been. Quick to cry. She is a wonderful mother. She spent 3 hours working on my sewing machine while visiting, she watched the children so Rod & I could go out on dates, She took us out, helped me with Presley's bedroom. She was busy, & all the while smiling. She never stops giving, but not only to me, to everyone! Everyone! My mother is a beautiful example to our family. The boys adore her & when Presley first saw her Omah again at the airport, she rubbed my mother's cheek & gabbed at her for about 5 minuets strait. She knows her Omah & loves her dearly! Maddox has a special bond with his Omah. He says "Omah is my favorite Mommy." I love that! I love that he feels that near to her. He cried the ride home from dropping her off, saying "Omah come back to my house!" Tre got special time with Omah & has a deep relationship with my Mother that starts from the year we lived with my parents in North Carolina. He loves to make my parents proud! Britton enjoys making his omah laugh & smile. He is the jokester & is no different when Omah is around! Each of the four have a unique & strong love for Omah. I feel blessed to have such a wonderful Mom to love my family. Might I add...My husband LOVES my mother too. They used to write while rod was on his mission. & He calls her now & again out of nowhere just to chat. They love each other! Family is my foundation & I am blessed with such a strong foundation! I know as long as we all have each other we will never fail. I love my Mother. & Now I cry....
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Ava said...

This made me cry! I was sewing today with an old hand-me-down sewing machine and the smell of the machine made me reminisce about being a little girl and my mom sewing on her machine. She passed away 16 years ago in January and I have missed her lots lately. Your post made me want to call my dad and stepmom who make me feel that same way every time they leave a visit here. Hugs from afar Jenni. :)

Hill Family said...

Everything you touch looks amazing! I am so marveled by you!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground