Pages

{on being a responsible mom}

Thursday, April 28, 2011

We cut the boys hair tonight, washed all of our 4 lovelies. Then the boys decided that they wanted Strawberry shortcakes for dinner. Yup, Dinner.
After all... beries are fruit, & you need carbs, right? & how about dairy--whipped cream anyone?
They got to work with their supervisor, Dad while I helped Presley splash & play in the tub.
The children were thrilled with their victory, as they saw it. Dessert for dinner! A little Sclater's dream come true. Maybe not my most responsible move as a mom, but sometimes its just too fun to shake things up a bit.
The meal was sweet, but the frightning storms that followed had my jaw clenched & my knees shaking! My prayers are with those who lost loved ones & homes in the night's terrible tornados.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
-the end-


& now the watches & warnings have expired & I can go to bed knowing my sweet ones are safe & sound.

Very grateful.

4 comments:

marie said...

That's my kind of meal. Looking yummy!!

allegra said...

i'm so glad i'm not the only one who feeds their kids breakfast food for dinner! you're such a fun mom. it looks delish! off to make myself some right now.... :)

allegra said...

oh... ha ha. i just read better. i thought it was waffles. strawberry shortcakes for dinner. even better! that just made you and even cooler mom than I previously mentioned. I once gave Max a snickers for breakfast. Does that make me cool too? :)

Kalen said...

I need to come over for dinner!!! I can't believe how much Tre looks like Rod in that photo!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground