Pages

{Easter}

Monday, April 25, 2011

Photobucket

(I did not get a lot of pictures, madds needed some momma.)


The children were thrilled to find that the easter bunny had nibbled on the carrots they had left him. & that their empty baskets were no longer empty, but rather filled with colorful bottles of bubbles, plastic eggs, pinwheels, & outdoor toys. The boys happily ate breakfast...well all but one. Maddox. Our sweet maddox is struggeling. He is in a box & I cannot seem to get the boy out. I want to rescue him. I love that sweet boy. We rushed around to get everyone ready for church, all while Maddox cried & screamed in distress. five minuets before we would have to leave for church Rod stopped tying his tie, & like a good & inspired Dad, looked at his son, then looked at me & said he thought he should stay home with Maddox. I hadnt even considered the idea, because well...he wasnt sick...so we were going to do what we do every sunday. go to church. But today Maddox was in need of some extra love, & so the big boys, presley & I left, while Rod snuggled Maddox & calmed him. I am so grateful that my husband saw a need & met it. Maddox needed a calm morning. Rod created it for him.
When the children & I returned home Maddox was happy to greet us. We ate a snack & the babies were hurried off to naps. By 3pm we were loading the car with mashed potatoes, green beans, salad fixings & (gluten free) chocolate peanutbutter cupcakes. We joined the Ballard Family at the Sowby home for a big Easter Dinner. It was a beautiful day & there were 3 dogs in the yard. a perfect recipe for a fun afternoon for the boys.
The children were filthy by the time we reached home. everyone smelled of dog kisses & chocolate brownies. We tossed them all in the tub & scrubbed them till they shined.

All went to bed full of sugar. (milk for Presley)
I think the thing I will remember most about this Easter is (& going back to Maddox) the evening prayer Rod & I shared. I had always prayed that Heavenly Father would help me to help Madds. I still pray that, but last night I felt this strong feeling (lets call it the spirit, shall we?) that I needed to specificaly pray that heavenly Father would directly help Maddox. that HE would help to heal what ever it is that is making him so incredibly sad every day since his birth. It is hard for a mother to see 1 of her children struggle to find happinesss & a way to communicate. I felt a burden lifted when I prayed those words...I felt Heavenly Father's love. I know Maddox will be okay with some extra love & support. He is a special little guy.
We are a very blessed family to have all these diffrent little personalities. I love
this family of mine!

7 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

You have me feeling calm too... you are such a great example.

Hill Family said...

it is hard to love them so much sometimes. Esp when you want to make it better and can't. At least we can turn to the One who can.
Beautiful photography on your other site. Are you starting to sell them? You really are quite good at it.

allegra said...

poor little guy... must be so hard for the both of you I'm sure. i'm glad you found comfort through prayer and i'm glad he's got you and his mom. you're so sweet. i too am amazed at how each kid is so different! granted, i only have two. but their personalities couldn't have been more different as babies. max was so calm and so chill. ruby has been A LOT more work. but that's ok. with more work comes more sacrifice. and with more sacrifice comes more love. i can tell the amount of great love you have for Britton.

allegra said...

ha ha. i meant i'm glad he's got you "as" his mom, not "and" his mom. :)

i was typing too fast.

allegra said...

I meant Maddox. Not Britton. Oh boy! I am really sleep deprived:) ha ha. I'll stop commenting now. LOL.

Ava said...

This was such a good post for me. My oldest, Logan, is 6 1/2. After a long day at school, he comes home with all these attitudes and sayings that are hard to handle. I feel like the rest of the world has him more than I do! And like I don't have enough time to devote to him when he is home to correct all the wrong the world has done to him, because we're running here and there and everywhere. Sometimes you have to take time out to help your children. It pays off in the end, and that's what matters most. :)

Zoe said...

A friend of mine has been helped greatly with one of her little girls by reading up on "highly sensitive persons." Sounds a bit silly, perhaps, but it's a term that sums up a certain kind of brain that is particularly sensitive to emotions, stimuli, turmoil and change. Depressed affect, volatility, moodiness, neuroses can also be part of it. But these children tend to be very perceptive, creative, and lovely. Here's a web site about it: http://www.hsperson.com/pages/child.htm

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground