Pages

{Morning of the 25th}

Thursday, January 11, 2018

My computer decided to give up the week of Christmas which made it extremely hard to load our photos from holidays. But it all worked out and they are no longer trapped in my camera! 

These first two pictures are from Christmas Eve just before the children went to bed. They had to make sure to leave Santa some homemade treats and milk with carrots for the reindeer. They slept good that night and awoke to stockings of chocolate and little wrapped gifts. After some monkey bread and fruit we gathered around the tree with Oma & Opa  to see what was inside all the paper wrapped boxes. We love having Oma & Opa with us for any holiday...or anytime at all really! Everyone was pleased and happy with their loot. With that I will say...and I want to document this because it took up all of December sadly...that although we did the giving manger and really pushed service oppurtunities and giving this year almost all the children were a bit entitled and Ill say it...bratty (not the older 2 thank goodness!) I felt sad. But now that the Christmas decorations are packed away and the toys are in their rightful places, they have returned to gratitude. I'm not sure what happened. Maybe it is all the hype about getting in December. I hope this was a one time occurrence, because it was certainly a sad thing to watch happen to my usually un-greedy babies. I think its wonderful that even though they were dealing with the struggle of learning we don't  get everything that we want...that they did actually walk away from the holidays having learned it. I love them very much & I am so happy that they had another smile filled Christmas Day together! 






























































No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground