Pages

{Back to school eve}

Monday, August 29, 2016

While some moms celebrate the start of a new school year it breaks my heart. I love LOVE love having my chicks all in the nest. I know they are loved, fed, comfortable when they are in my arms reach. While I am pouting they are thrilled to start a new year of new adventures & successes. We had our annual back to school feast tonight.  This years theme was Apple Trees. & our family focus was based on a route from Gordon B. Hinkley. Each child received their yearly challenge, an area in which Rod & I felt like they could grow & work on. Rod gave each of the children a father's blessing. I always look forward to these because I have testimony of the priesthood & the blessing it is in the home. Maddox cam out of his blessing saying he felt "taller" I tried my best to explain to him that the feeling he was experiencing was the spirit strengthening him for an exciting new year. I am overwhelmed with gratitude that Rod can offer our children blessings. Today the young men spoke at church. I found myself emotional as I know Tre is only a months shy of his 12th birthday & joining these righteous young men. Watching our children grow is incredibly bitter sweet. It was a busy night of back pack packing, lunch preparations, outfits laid out, and anxious little ones who couldn't find sleep due to excitement. I pray this year is whole lot better than last. It can't be worse...right?! 
(fingers crossed!) 
















 Maddox' 2016-2017 challenge...




Tre's 2017-2017 challenge... 


Britton's challenge...


Cooper's challenge...


 & Presley's...






















& of course we had the same meal we have had for 8 years of 1st days of schools...



No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground