Pages

{Conference & Easter & a homecoming}

Saturday, April 07, 2018

I hope my children read through all my notebooks that I keep from each conference weekend. I always try to write down more what I feel than what I hear. This particular conference I tried to write down the things I needed to act upon after each speaker.  It was such an exciting Conference weekend. Watching the children stand to sustain our new beloved prophet was touching and a smile was plastered on Rods face & mine for the rest of the day. We missed having T with us. He is such a good kid and is going to play catch up and listen or read a talk in his free time till he has heard all the talks. Each year as the kids get bigger we experience conference differently. This year Britt, Madds & Presley sat and listened so well. Coop did great on Saturday but come Sunday he had ants in his pants. We played our usual conference games and puzzles. We ate tons of baked goods and even made homemade pizzas between sessions on Saturday. Easter morning the kids were excited to see the easter bunny had come. They were so good about waiting for the Easter egg hunt till after the morning session. As excited as they were all about the Easter Bunny visiting they were even more excited to have big brother back after his travels to Italy. We postponed Easter dinner till after we got him back. It was so fun having the kids make and hold up signs as he drove up to the house. My momma heart about melted as they tackled him in the car...and as if that wasn't sweet enough the boy brought home such thoughtful and fun souvenirs for each sibling. He wanted to east and shower and sleep but not before handing out the treasures he collected for them. It was a memorable Easter! 
Now my next big task is collecting all the Italy pictures from his phone and his teachers, friends, facebook etc... to make him a book of his first trip over seas. 
Also...I don't know what I will do when he leaves home for a mission, college, and starting his own family. It might kill me. If I could stop time. 
















































No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground